ultra x sri lanka
Ultra X Sri Lanka takes place in a country nicknamed “The Pearl of the Indian Ocean”.
Sri Lanka is a beautiful place with an incredibly diverse culture, steeped in rich history and vibrant colour. The course takes competitors past tea plantations and sugar factories, through 10,000 year old rainforests, along stunning countryside trails, and down rushing rivers. During this unforgettable week, competitors will experience the place, the people, and the beauty of this iconic country in full.
The prize pot for Ultra X Sri Lanka 2021 is £5,000 and will be split equally between genders. Prize money will be awarded to the overall podium finishers, individual stage winners, and the overall masters age category (50+) podium finishers.
1st — £1,000
2nd — £450
3rd — £200
Stage 1 Winner — £100
Stage 2 Winner — £100
Stage 3 Winner — £100
Stage 4 Winner — £150 (long stage)
Stage 5 Winner — £100
1st — £150
2nd — £100
3rd — £50
All finishers will receive a race medal. Different medal ribbons will be awarded based upon the finishing times outlined below.
As part of our Sustainability Policy, the Green Ribbon will be awarded to the competitor that displays the highest commitment to reducing their environmental impact both in preparation for and during the race (as determined by the organisers).
Under 25 hours
Under 28 hours
Over 28 hours
1. Race entry
2. Accommodation during the race (21–26 March)
3. Transfers between Negombo and Udawalawe
4. Medical staff on course and at all campsites
5. Drinking water at checkpoints on course and hot water
for preparing food at all campsites
6. Celebratory meal and local entertainment on the final night of the race
7. Ground assistance and full safety support
8. Digital copies of all images from event photographer
9. Individual/team rankings and ITRA points
10. Finisher’s medal
2. Accommodation before or after the race (accommodation at the race hotel can be purchased as an add-on at checkout)
3. Personal food, kit and equipment (see kit list below)
4. Comprehensive insurance (to cover cancellations, loss of items, injury etc.)
5. Training costs
6. Spending money
7. Transport home for runners who are
disqualified or withdraw early
This is NOT a self-supported race. Runners only carry their daily nutrition and emergency kit. Race holdalls are transported between campsites by the organisers.
Please see the Race Information Pack and Kit List below for comprehensive details about the race.
Experience Sri Lanka
We understand that competitors may wish to travel to Sri Lanka with family or friends. Should they wish to enjoy the country while you race, we highly recommend visiting the following sights. Alternatively, you can visit them together after the event.
If one of your party would like to volunteer at the race while you take part, they can complete the Volunteer Application Form and we will do our best to accommodate them.
If you would like to learn more about our Ultra X Sri Lanka spectator packages, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A historical, archaeological, and architectural heritage monument first built in 1588 by the Portuguese.
A large city surrounded by mountains, tea plantations, biodiverse rainforest, and sacred Buddhist sites.
Known for its coral reef and palm-lined beaches, such as Unawatuna Beach. North across the bay is Galle’s fortified old town.