ultra x sri lanka
Ultra X Sri Lanka takes place in a country nicknamed “The Pearl of the Indian Ocean”.
Sri Lanka is a beautiful place with an incredibly diverse culture, steeped in rich history and vibrant colour. The course takes competitors past tea plantations and sugar factories, through 10,000 year old rainforests, along stunning countryside trails, and down rushing rivers. During this unforgettable week, competitors will experience the place, the people, and the beauty of this iconic country in full.
2023 Race Information Pack and Kit List will be published after the 2022 race. There will be no significant changes.
Interest free instalment plans
£70 per month
(not including £300 deposit)
Competitors should arrive in Negombo on or before Saturday 19th March, where they will transfer to their accommodation in the city. Those that wish to stay in the race hotel will have the option to book this when registering.
On Saturday morning, all competitors are transferred back to Negombo, stopping off for food in Ratnapura and Avissawella. For those with Saturday evening flights, we will arrive in Negombo at approximately at 18:00.
All finishers will receive a race medal. Different medal ribbons will be awarded based upon the finishing times outlined below.
As part of our Sustainability Policy, the Green Ribbon will be awarded to the competitor that displays the highest commitment to reducing their environmental impact both in preparation for and during the race (as determined by the organisers).
Under 25 hours
Under 28 hours
Over 28 hours
route and gpx files
1. Race entry
2. Accommodation during the race (20-25 March)
3. Transfers between Negombo and Udawalawe
4. Fully marked course
5. Medical staff on course and at all campsites
6. Osteopathy staff on course and at all campsites
7. Drinking water at checkpoints on course and hot water for preparing food at all campsites
8. Celebratory meal and local entertainment on the final night of the race
9. Ground assistance and full safety support
10. Digital copies of all images from event photographer
11. UTMB® World Series Qualifier race (100M category)
12. Finisher’s medal
2. Accommodation before or after the race (accommodation at the race hotel can be purchased as an add-on at checkout)
3. Personal food, kit and equipment (see kit list below)
4. Comprehensive insurance (to cover cancellations, loss of items, injury etc)
5. Training costs
6. Spending money
7. Transport home for runners who are disqualified or withdraw early
Experience Sri Lanka
We understand that competitors may wish to travel to Sri Lanka with family or friends. Should they wish to enjoy the country while you race, we highly recommend visiting the following sights. Alternatively, you can visit them together after the event.
If one of your party would like to volunteer at the race while you take part, they can complete the Volunteer Application Form and we will do our best to accommodate them.
If you would like to learn more about our Ultra X Sri Lanka spectator packages, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A historical, archaeological, and architectural heritage monument first built in 1588 by the Portuguese.
A large city surrounded by mountains, tea plantations, biodiverse rainforest, and sacred Buddhist sites.
Known for its coral reef and palm-lined beaches, such as Unawatuna Beach. North across the bay is Galle’s fortified old town.
What others say
“There is magic at a multi-stage race and this magic comes from the people. Not only the runners, but the organisers, volunteers and the local people of the unique landscape you are running through. A multi-stage race brings out a rawness in people that there is no hiding from; we see each other at our best, at our worst and everything in between, and somehow this develops such strong bonds and friendships are forged for life.”