Want to gain international medical volunteer experience while supporting people achieve their goals?
Look no further…
Without volunteers we could not operate our races. Our amazing volunteers play a huge part in helping people get to finish lines and in the process, they too often have the experience of a lifetime.
Once on location, all expenses are covered by Ultra X. If you aren’t set on taking part in one of our events, then what better way to experience a race?!
For details about volunteering with Ultra X for non-medics, check out the general volunteer page here.
what do you get for volunteering?
As part of the event team you would receive:
- Experienced on-site clinical team lead.
- Consultant-level top cover.
- Access to event-specific WhatsApp Group.
- Access to online clinical documentation platform.
- Medical Kit.
- Clinical Governance, Clinical Guidelines and Standard. Operating Procedures.
- A pre-expedition brief (conference call or in person in Leicester).
- CPD certificate.
- Access to further event work both UK and overseas.
- Opportunity to contribute to the academic field of wilderness medicine by writing a paper, writing. a Standard Operating Procedure or developing an idea.
- Food, drink, and accommodation for the duration of the event.
- Ultra X race credits:
~ 1 day event – £100 race credit
~ 2 day event – £200 race credit
~ 5 day event – £500 race credit
#theultraXperience without having to run a mile!
Should you be selected to volunteer as a medic on our events we will ask that you also register with TrailMed who will then manage the medical governance. This means TrailMed can support you fully. If you have any questions on this please email UltraX@trailmed.co.uk