The summit is the highlight of our calendar
The Summit spans just 24 hours and will be based as it was last time at Herriard Estate, Basingstoke – just a 40 minute train journey from London.
Not only is it close to London but it’s very affordable. Tickets start at just £45.
We welcome solo attendees, running groups, couples, families, you name it. All you need to do is pack your sleeping bag and tent, bring your trainers and be up for a good time. You can buy a variety of food and drink on-site.
The estate gates will be open at 11:00 on Saturday and you will be back on the road and heading home by noon the following day.
Hit the trails (varying distances for all abilities), hear from three amazing speakers inside and outside the industry and enjoy one hell of a BBQ, yoga, hot tubs, it’s all there.
Guest speakers (2021)
British athlete Carla Molinaro has racked up a slew of impressive wins and course records at events all around the world since giving up triathlon to focus on running in 2013, including one of the most coveted accomplishments in ultra running: the LEJOG world record.
Adharanand Finn is the author of multiple running books, including Running with the Kenyans, which was the Sunday Times Sports Book of the Year and won Best New Writer at the British Sports Book Awards. He is also an editor at the Guardian and a freelance journalist.
Renee McGregor is a leading Sports and Eating Disorder specialist dietitian with over 20 years experience working in clinical and performance nutrition with a number of national governing bodies, including Scottish Gymnastics and the GB 24 hour running squad.
• 11:00: Arrive and set-up your tent (unless you’re sleeping wild – which we love, just beware of the rain).
• 12:00: Option of a led 10km or 20km trail run.
• 14:00: Grab some lunch from one of our on-site food stalls. All dietary requirements will be catered for.
• 14:30: The bar is open so find yourself a hay bale, get comfy and get ready for three 20-minute talks from some big names.
• 16:00: Drink up, it’s beer mile time. By no means do you have to take part but if you do, get into your teams of four and get ready to race it out for £1,000 in cash! The winning team will have the opportunity to double or nothing their win with a second run. Last year they took the money. Will they be braver this year?
• 18:00: “Let’s put a shrimp (or halloumi, tofu, corn dog) on the barbie”
• 19:00: The evening is yours – relax at the bar, on the grass and enjoy yourselves. The hot tubs will be, well, hot.
• 07:00: Tea or coffee and an enormous bowl of porridge with fresh fruit will be available to collect from the centre of the field. Vegan options available.
• 10:30: Sunday morning shake-out. Hit the trails, stretch out with a bit of yoga or experience our friends at Midnight Runners’ famous “bootcamp” session! All fitness levels welcomed.
• 13:00: Pack up and roll out.
• 15:00: If you haven’t left by now, you’ll be given the boot.