price increasing in:
ultra x TANZANIA
Ultra X Tanzania is a multi-stage ultra marathon that takes place over five days in the in the stunning scenic and seldom travelled backcountry of northern Tanzania around Mount Kilimanjaro. The route showcases the best of Tanzania and the best of Africa.
Competitors can expect to climb up part way the bucket list mountain Kilimanjaro, the tallest free-standing mountain in the world, whilst also covering savannah, forest and running around lakes filled with wildlife over the 5 days.
During this unforgettable week, competitors will experience the place, the people, and the beauty of this iconic country in full.
Interest free instalment plans
£70 per month
(not including £300 deposit)
Competitors should arrive at Kilimanjaro International Airport on or before Saturday 10th June, where they will transfer to their accommodation in Moshi. Those that wish to stay in the race hotel will have the option to book this when registering.
Race welcome, safety briefings, and mandatory kit checks will take place at the race hotel at 09:00. All competitors are then transferred to Lake Chala and to the first campsite, where the race will start the following morning.
On Saturday morning, all competitors are transferred back to Moshi. For those with Saturday evening flights, we will arrive in Moshi at approximately at 14:00.
All finishers will receive a race medal. Different medal ribbons will be awarded based upon the finishing times outlined below.
As part of our Sustainability Policy, the Green Ribbon will be awarded to the competitor that displays the highest commitment to reducing their environmental impact both in preparation for and during the race (as determined by the organisers).
Under 25 hours
Under 28 hours
Over 28 hours
1. Race entry
2. Accommodation during the race (11-17 June)
3. Transfers between Moshi and the start/finish.
4. Fully marked course
5. Medical staff on course and at all campsites
6. Therapist team on course and at all campsites
7. Drinking water at checkpoints on course and hot water for preparing food at all campsites
8. Celebratory meal and local entertainment on the final night of the race
9. Ground assistance and full safety support
10. Digital copies of all images from the event photographer
11. UTMB® World Series Qualifier race (100KM category)
12. Finisher’s medal
2. Accommodation before or after the race (accommodation at the race hotel can be purchased as an add-on at checkout)
3. Personal food, kit and equipment (see kit list below)
4. Comprehensive insurance (to cover cancellations, loss of items, injury etc)
5. Training costs
6. Spending money
7. Transport home for runners who are disqualified or withdraw early
We understand that competitors may wish to travel to Tanzania with family or friends. Should they wish to enjoy the country while you race, we highly recommend visiting the following sights. Alternatively, you can visit them together after the event. Our local partners can assist with packages.
If one of your party would like to volunteer at the race while you take part, they can complete the Volunteer Application Form and we will do our best to accommodate them.
If you would like to learn more about our Ultra X Tanzania spectator packages, please email email@example.com.
If you’ve made it all the way to Tanzania there is a chance you’re interested in wildlife. Our local operations partners are able to book a variety of different safari trips for you of any length with Serengeti, Ngorongoro, or Tarangire options!
Walk in the footprints of famed explorers and mountaineers up to the top of Africa’s tallest peak.
Zanzibar is an island paradise which lies just a few miles off the East coast of Tanzania. It’s famous for it’s idyllic white beaches and rich history.
What others say
“How am I supposed to turn this one down? Please sign me up!”
“”Wow this looks insane. I haven’t thought of anything else since….”